- Students should arrive at the school at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed in school uniform on all school days . Students who are shabbily dressed or not in proper uniform, will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Medium of conversation with friends and teachers is only English except in Hindi and Odia classes.
- The students should observe decent mannerism and etiquettes inside/outside the school campus.
- Strict discipline is to be observed within the school premises. Undue behaviour like shouting , whistling, spitting, grinning ,wrong gesture etc. are strictly prohibited inside the school campus.
- Running or loitering along the corridors is strictly prohibited.
- Moving from and to classrooms, library, laboratories, playground, morning assembly, changing of classrooms between periods etc. should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
- No student shall leave the classroom for any reason without the "Out Pass".
- Students must keep the classroom and school surroundings neat and clean. Scribbling on the walls, doors, desks, display boards etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Care must be taken of school property. In case of damage being done, it should be informed to the school office without delay.
- If any student is found to be indulged in damaging the school property, the entire cost of repairing/replacement will be recovered from the student.
- Bullying and using foul language inside/outside the school campus are punishable offences.
- Text books and exercise books should be neat & clean and be labelled with Student's Name, Class, Section, Admission and Roll Number, Subject etc. . Students must bring with them the SCHOOL ALMANAC to school on every working day.
- Students are not allowed to bring any material irrelevant to their studies such as personal letters, pictures, newspapers, magazines, objectionable literature etc. to the school under any pretence. Possession of such materials may lead to suspension from the school.
- Bringing valuable articles to the school is strictly prohibited. The school will not be responsible for loss of such articles.
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- Enrolment in V S Vidyalaya implies on the part of the pupils and parents a willingness to comply with the requirements and regulations of the school.
- Pupils are expected to behave in a gentlemanly manner on all occasions. They should address all members of the staff with due respect and politeness. They must show gentleness and courtesy to their companions. Refinement of manners, uprightness and self-restraint should be the character of every pupil of the school.
- Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings which should be clearly marked with their names.
- No jewellery is to be worn and make-up of any kind to be used. Nails and hair are to be kept trimmed.
- Once a pupil enters the school, he/she must not leave the school premises without the permission of the Principal. Permission will be given only at the written request of the parents to the Principal. The observance of this request is of vital importance for the safety of the children and for the school discipline.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness and disobedience are injurious to the tone of the school and are sufficient reasons for the suspension or dismissal of a pupil.
- Pupils who have been absent from class or who come to class late must have the reason entered in the Regularity Record stating briefly the cause of absence or delay (Reasons of a private nature may be submitted in a letter).
- Every child is expected to contribute to the values and standards of the school by his/her conduct, discipline and commitment to studies.
- Every student must be present on the reopening day after each vacation.
- Every child attending the school is obliged to take part in the activities of the school.
- Students are not allowed to use markers / whiteners.
NOTE FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
The efficient working of the school rests upon the Parent–School Cooperation and Coordination. Therefore parents are requested to pay attention to the following:
- The diary is to be used as a medium of home–school communication. You are requested to check the diary everyday to know about the activities, achievements, remarks and records of home tasks given by the teachers and acknowledge it with signature.
- Please see that your ward is in proper uniform as per instructions as and when entering the school campus.
- Please ensure that your ward does not bring any valuables such as cell phone, camera, i-pod, vehicle, fancy / luxury items etc. to the school.
- Kindly ensure that your ward is properly equipped with all the required text books, copies, stationary, craft material and other articles as per class time table.
- Intimate the school immediately in writing about change in your address or contact number.
- Please attend the PT Meeting, Workshop or any special session with Principal without fail.
- Your ward’s name, date of birth submitted at the time of admission will not be altered under any circumstance.
- Do not send your child to school if he/she is suffering from any infectious disease.
- You are requested to provide hygienic food, sufficient drinking water and two clean napkins to your ward.
- All suggestions/complaints pertaining to the functioning of the school may please be brought to the notice of school authorities in writing.
- For issuance of any certificate from the school authority, a written request should be submitted in the school office. The certificate will be issued within three days of applying.
- Criticism against any teacher or the school in the presence of the child should be avoided because it may cause the student to lose respect for his/her teacher and the school. Difficulties should be discussed with the teacher or the Principal.
- Meeting and contacting the teachers during school hours is permitted with Principal's approval.
- Encourage your child to communicate in English.
- Every student is expected to communicate in English (other than in Odia / Hindi class). Fine would be imposed on erring student for violation in this regard.
- Last working day of every month is a half-day for Class I to XII. However no classes for LKG & UKG students.